Interview with Chopard
We took a few moments of serenity before the rush of mounting the Cannes Film Festival steps to chat with American blogger Perkens Bien Aimé. The founder of Garçon à la mode shared with us his definition of a modern gentleman, from his style essentials to the typical schedule of his workdays.
- What is your favorite piece from the L.U.C collection? And how do you like to wear it?
My favorite piece from the Collection is the 18-CARAT rose gold L.U.C. 1937. It is very elegant and perfectly complements a business attire.
- Can you define what is a modern gentleman for you?
A modern gentleman is someone who holds himself to a high set of standards. He is a sharp dresser, well mannered, tech savvy, knowledgeable and cultured man.
- Could you give us some styling tips to have the style of a gentleman?
Never wear a hat indoor. Learn how to tie a bowtie. Own at least one well-made dark suit, a dinner jacket, a white dress shirt and a Swiss timepiece.
- What is the one thing a modern gentleman should always find time for?
A modern gentleman should always find time to learn a new skill.
- What would be the perfect agenda of a gentleman’s day?
A perfect day starts with:
A good cup of coffee while reading the news
Get work done
A good drink
A great dinner
A chapter from a good book before going to bed.
- If you had to remember one moment of your “man of taste” life, what would it be?
The time I had my first made-to-measure suit. A three-piece dark navy ensemble. It’s still of my most favorites.
Courtesy of Chopard.com